Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. ~ The Dalai Lama

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Knitting fun... nordic mittens for Taylor

OK - so I think I previously mentioned that I love knitting - Thanks again Meredith. :)
I decided to knit my first pair of mittens about 6 weeks ago - of course picking a great free pattern online from
http://www.elliphantom.com/images/SquirrellySwedishMittens.pdf. I will take a picture of "mitten one" this weekend to share with those who love to knit, but have to tell you I have found it hard to keep the momentum up as far as my interest in concerned to finish "mitten two".

I am also knitting a holiday gift for good friend Meredith who is my knitting goddess/guru which I will share post holiday gift giving - as I wouldn't want her to get wind of it. I forgot my original reason fro blogging was to connect with other knitters - so I will be happy to share my first major knitting and felting project. Hopefully my wonderful knitting sisters & brothers can find it in their heart to be supportive and not laugh. My technique is still pretty new (7+ months), but finishing a project is everything.
Cheers. :)

No comments: