Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. ~ The Dalai Lama

Friday, February 9, 2007

TGIF!!! and other motherhood rambling...

I cannot put into words how grateful I am that it is Friday. It has been a rather freakishly weird week - that has flown by in such a hurry that I am left wondering where my time went and feeling sad at my lack of knitting accomplishment.

For those of you who are mothers to teenagers, I am sure you can understand my angst in meeting my daughter Olyvia's first boyfriend. Now technically she isn't supposed to be dating until she sixteen...which is in another 65 days (yes we are on the countdown, however after coming to terms with the fact that she is "dating" this boy, I decided to meet him. Although, not the typical cute preppy person I would have personally perhaps chosen for a partner, Levon seems to be a nice enough young man and after giving him the usual "you hurt her, I hurt you" speech that all mothers must give we settled into a natural rhythm of get-a-long ness.

All I know is that TGIF- because this weekend makes for a quiet one in my house - given that the three boys are with their other parents.

David and I have no major life committments except to celebrate our fabulous neice Laura's birthday on Sunday, which means I can make some time for dedicated sock knitting. I am determined to finish this first evil sock...still not finishd from a number of posts ago and vent to myself about the trials of mothering your teenage daughter as she discovers the joys of 'relationships' and dating. **sigh**

No comments: